Friday, June 18, 2010

Walgreens Trip 6/18

Here's the breakdown from my trip this morning...

This is what I bought....



And this is what I spend and saved....
















I did this in two transactions.

1st transaction-

*3 Neutrogena bar soaps, $2.24 ea
I had (1) manufacturer coupon for $1.o0 off = $5.72

*Gum = .99

Total = $6.71

I had $6.00 in *RR from a previous purchase, making my total $ .71 out of pocket. Also, from this transaction I earned $10 in RR!!


2nd transaction-

*Nivea Body Wash= $5.99

*(2) Pro Clinical Toothpastes, originally $4.99 ea, on sale B1G1
I had (1) manufacturer coupon for $1.00 off= $3.99

*Gum= .99

Total= $10.97

I had $10.00 in RR, making my total $ .97 out of pocket. From this transaction I earned $6.00 in RR!!


**Total out of pocket for both transactions = $1.68
But I walked away with $6.00 in RR, making my trip today a profit of $4.32!!!

With all that being said, I should point out for learning purposes, :) that I did make a few mistakes today during my trip....

First- I had to purchase the gum as a filler item to bump up my total. With RR, your total needs to be at least the amount of what the RR is worth, in order to be able to use it.

For example, my first purchase before the gum would have been for $5.72, however, I could not have used my RR of $6 because my purchase didn't reach that amount.

What I should have done was find a cheaper filler, which would have allowed me to pay less out of pocket. Walgreens normally has fillers for around $ .35. But, I like gum, so... who cares! :)

Second mistake- When you are using RR to pay for items, you want to use them on items that are going to earn you at least that many RR back.

For example, on my second purchase, I paid with $10 in RR but only earned back $6. This is not really that big of a deal, just something to keep in mind.


Ok, there's the breakdown of my trip. I don't post all of my couponing trips on here, especially if they are only a couple items, but I'll try to keep adding some in case you're learning the couponing process as well. If you ever have any questions, let me know. I learned from the best, thanks Rebekah!!! :)


Have a great day!
-Bailey


*RR= Register Rewards
If you are not familiar with these, here is a good website that explains the program.

3 comments:

  1. WOW BAY!!! thats awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah!! Love it!! I always get CVS "bucks" but always loose them. I should save them and try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I was told that they are going to change from RR to a Rewards Card in October! I don't think that I am very happy about this, but I guess I will wait and give it a fair shot :)

    ReplyDelete

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." Gandhi