Saturday, July 31, 2010

Learning to sew again

So, I haven't really sewn since I was in high school, and lately I starting thinking about how fun it was. I'm sure we all remember having a home-ec sewing class where we made those hideously, amazing pajama pants! Ok, maybe not all of us did that. Anyway...

I decided it was time that I learn to sew again. Thanks to my super sweet Momma who gave me her sewing machine and my super sweet friend Rebekah who showed me how to work the thing, I think I am well on my way to my goal.

Rebekah is also the friend who got me started couponing. We decided that because we both share the love of organization and couponing, it would be appropriate if my teaching project was a coupon binder clutch!

Now, I'm not going to go through the step-by-step process of how this was made in this post. Why? One, because I don't remember any of the steps (it's not my fault, I was learning!) and two, because Rebekah makes these binder covers and will most likely start selling them on Etsy.

So, the purpose of this post is to show you that I am now legit and can sew again (Yayyy me!) and to share a fun project idea with you, that you can make on your own OR purchase from Rebekah. :)

Here it is:


The sides velcro shut to avoid having anything fall out.


Check out those cute pockets! :)


A binder can easily slide in the front and back flaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." Gandhi