Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First Day of Summer

Happy Tuesday and Happy First Day of Summer too!!

It really is a happy Tuesday in the Valenti household! Mason and I started our morning with a nice long walk with our sweet friends Lindsey and Jack. Notice I said walk. Our intention at the beginning of summer was to work on project....Make Bailey a runner. Well, that didn't work. I have decided I hate running. There are some things we just aren't ever good at, right? So walking it is.

After our walk, Mason and I came home and I enjoyed a very yummy green smoothie! On quite a few of my favorite blogs they talk about green smoothies and various recipes, so I thought I would give them a try. They. Are. Yummy! Mine consisted of... a handful of spinach, frozen blueberries, half a frozen banana, dark chocolate almond milk, and peanut butter for protein and a little thickening! If you're thrown off by the spinach, don't worry, because you can't even taste it! (I would love to have pictures to show you but my Hubby took my memory card to work. ;) Stinkin' Hubby!)

Mason and I have a very busy day ahead of us. Lots of cuddles, playing, smiles, and nap time!

Then, for the main event, tonight is..... Date Night!!!!!

I'm not gonna lie, I am SO excited for date night! Although I will miss little man terribly, and he will probably be what we talk about most, I'm excited for some adult time. :) Mason must have known this, because for Mother's Day he got me Michael Buble tickets!! Such a smart baby, he is! :)

I hope the rest of you have a great day, as will!

1 comment:

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." Gandhi